WE PERFORM DOT PHYSICAL EXAMS
If you are a commercial driver, it is important to follow the necessary guidelines to ensure that you are physically fit to drive a truck, bus, or other commercial vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 or more pounds. Department Of Transportation (DOT) physicals are required for all commercial motor vehicle drivers to have to maintain their commercial driver’s license. Driver’s must complete a physical examination to maintain compliance and continue operating commercial motor vehicles. This is to ensure that commercial drivers are in satisfactory health and able to work safely. Certified Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) medical examiners can perform the DOT physical. [https://fmcsa.dot.gov ]
We provide quick, friendly and sanitary services, by appointment, at low prices.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR EXAM
- Perform a physical examination
- Review your medical history
- Perform a urine test
- Perform a vision test
- Perform a hearing test
- Complete the Medical Examination Certificate
PREPARING FOR YOUR MEDICAL EXAM
- Bring a valid driver’s licenses.
- Complete the Driver Information and Health History sections of the Medical Examination Report form. [Click here for Form]
- Please bring your medical records for conditions such as diabetes, cardiac disease, sleep disorders (this includes reports from sleep studies), neurologic conditions.
- Bring any letters from your treating doctor for medications you take for pain and or psychiatric conditions.
- Bring a list of your current medications along with the name and telephone number of prescribing doctors.
- Bring your eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aid if applicable.
- Try not to drink coffee or smoke 30 minutes before having your blood pressure taken.
- Wear short sleeves so your arm is exposed.
- Please note drivers are required to disclose all known health conditions. Failing to disclose health conditions may result in disqualification for a DOT medical card. There are certain health problems that can disqualify you from receiving your DOT license, such as alcoholism, drug use, epilepsy poor vision or hearing, certain medications.
HOW MUCH DOES A DOT MEDICAL EXAM COST?
The fee for a DOT exam at the office is $85.00.
On meeting the DOT physical requirements, you will be issued a DOT medical card and a medical examiner's certificate. Please note a DOT physical should not replace an annual wellness physical.
Dr. Cianci is both certified with the FMSCA and registered in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) to perform DOT/CDL medical exams. He can perform DOT CDL physicals in the Lansdale office and on certain circumstances at on-site at your place of employment.
Our office is driver friendly with appointments available throughout the week and on Saturdays. Our exam meets DOT and FMSCA requirements.